I was ever so kindly nominated for Liebster Award by endlessly creating. I am so grateful!
The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
There are some rules to follow when you get nominated:
– Post eleven facts about yourself Answer the questions posed by your nominator
– Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
– Post eleven new questions to your recipients
– Post a copy of the badge on your blog (Google image search “Liebster Award”)
– Notify your nominees and include links to the originating blog as well as the new recipients
Here Are My 11 Facts About Me
1. I was horrible at Mad Minutes when I was younger. I’m working on my Mad Minute scores along side my class.
2. I have been to the World Baton Twirling Championships 8 times.
3. I love celery.
4. I am terrified of spiders and bugs. I will avoid them at all costs.
5. I am trying to become an amateur herb gardener in my kitchen. So far, I am mildly unsuccessful.
6. I am officially a coffee addict.
7. I have finally kept a fish alive longer than 6 months..
8. Eight is my favourite number.
9. I really wish I was into reading. I want to be the person who curls up with good book every night, but I’m not.
10. I have stumbled upon ASMR videos on youtube — they induce that awesome tingling sensation and help me fall asleep. ASMRmassage is my favourite.
11. After I painted my entire townhouse interior, I ensured that all the switch plate cover screws were turned so that the lines on the screw heads were parallel to the floor.
Here Are My 11 Questions from Endlessly Creating
1. What inspires you?
I am inspired primarily by things I see and read about, especially on youtube and twitter. Amazing educators who share with the world are the most inspiring.
2. What’s your favorite book?
As I mentioned before, I’m not huge into reading a book. However, if I had to choose, my favourite book right now would be The Hip Girl’s Guide to Happy Homemaking. I’m still fumbling around being an adult, so I need all the awesome advice I can get.
3. Biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when someone does not put the “-ly” on an adverb. Example: drive safe should read drive safely. I don’t know why it bugs me, and I do it all the time.
4. Are you part of any fandoms, and to what extent do you participate?
I guess that I am a big fan of ASMR secretly (well, not anymore), and I’m also a huge fan of Steve Spangler!
5. Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
I would love to meet Mary Poppins and get some cleaning tips! Or Ms. Frizzle. She was the best.
6. When you get famous for whatever it is you’re doing, who would you most want to be interviewed by?
I would really really really want to be interviewed by Ellen. She is an amazing woman, advocate of good education, and just plain awesome.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
I bounced around from teacher to other jobs then back to teacher. Some of the others included fire fighter, scientist, baton coach (which I’m currently doing as a hobby), environmental psychologist, lawyer, and engineer.
8. Favorite/least favorite subjects in school?
My least favourite subject in school was History. While interesting, I hated doing the assignments and tests.
9. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for my ECMP 355 class back in my first year of university. I am so glad I started. It has certainly shaped the teacher I am today.
10. Which is better, the book or the movie?
Movie. It is faster, more efficient use of time, and more stimulating. (Especially since I rarely read the book before the movie comes out.)
11. If you had a band, what would you name it?
Well, since I have a minor obsession with singing about math, it would probably be something math-related. Perhaps Function F(x) or something way cooler. I haven’t given it much thought, but guaranteed I’ll be pondering this one for weeks.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. What one thing could you live without in your life that you use daily?
2. If you could get any pet in the world, what would you choose and why?
3. If you got to study in a great library for one day, what would you study?
4. What is the most important thing in your life?
5. If you met yourself ten years ago, what advice would you tell yourself?
6. What inspires your blog posts?
7. Chicken or egg?
8. If you could be the star of a movie, what would the title and genre be?
9. If your life was made into a movie, who would star?
10. What is your favourite number and why?
11. Why do you get out of bed in the morning (what makes you tick)?